A business trial
Our key successes
- Training 12 volunteers to be cargo bike riders (with most keen to stay involved with the next steps).
- Positive engagement with more than 20 businesses and organisations
- Over 300kms cycled.
- 51 cargo bike trips made, of which 21 replaced car journeys for collections/deliveries.
- 14 trips made for meetings and courtesy calls.
- Bespoke trial for National Trust rangers at Sizergh.
- Four public events attended.
- Hosted visit and trial by Bicycle Mayor of Cumbria and county council elected members to highlight the challenges with cycle infrastructure.
- The project created a buzz and excitement in the community as well as friendships and connection.
- The trial has informed options for the next steps for further trials and insight gathering.